[rc5] problems with v2 under linux

Amos Shapira amos at gezernet.co.il
Sun Jun 29 17:18:54 EDT 1997

Hello,

I'm trying to run two rc5v2 under Linux 2.0.30 on a dual pentium (100Mhz)
and encounter some problems.

1. I have a personal proxy (v1) which I want to v2 clients to fetch the
   keys from.  rc5v2.ini looks like:

[parameters]
id=amos at gezernet.co.il
threshold=50
count=1
hours=0
timeslice=65536
firemode=1
proxy=127.0.0.1
port=2056
uuehttpmode=0

When I ran the first it fetched a key and worked on it ("threshold" was
1 when I first ran it).  The second one just kept giving:

RC5 v2.000 client - a project of distributed.net
Copyright distributed.net 1997
Visit http://www.distributed.net/ for more information

Network::Open Error - sleeping for 15 seconds
Network::Open Error - sleeping for 15 seconds
Network::Open Error - sleeping for 15 seconds
Network::Open Error - sleeping for 15 seconds

And that's what I keep getting now when I try to run it.  rc5v2 -fetch
and -flush give the same result.  The proxy is running and works fine
with the v1 clients.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL       amos at gezernet.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous