[rc5] v2 clients

Milton Forte II mwf at ibm.net
Sun Jun 29 12:52:33 EDT 1997

In <199706291228.FAA02023 at proxy4.ba.best.com>, on 06/29/97
   at 06:27 AM, "Oscar Chang" <oscarc at divideby0.com> said:

>On Sat, 28 Jun 97 10:06:14 -0400, Milton Forte II wrote:

>>Yes, I miss this function also.  So, I look at the buff-in and buff-out
>>files (i.e. when buff-out is half the size of buff-in...half the keys are
>>done).  Buff-in is erased when processing starts on the last block.

>  Actually thats not true. The size of the buff-in file doesn't change even
>when the key is done. It's internal counter does. This is to reduces file
>writes.

I didn't mean to imply that the size of the buff-in changed.  But the size of
the buff-out file grows as blocks are completed, so you can compare the size
of buff-out to buff-in to see how far along you are.

I have notice this when using -flush.  If there is an error, it says try
later.  But it doesn't say how many blocks were sent.  Flushing again until
all blocks have been sent.  Only on the last flush do you get  a count of the
blocks sent...but it's only a count for this flush. The buff-out file is
erased.  Did all blocks get to the server???

Milton                                        mwf at ibm.net

               OS/2 Warp V4 - Where I Want To Be Today!
        DES Cracked!!  On to RC5!!  http://rc5.distributed.net/