[rc5] extrememly bad NetBSD performance with v1 client

Brian Hechinger wonko at blackhole.arkham.net
Mon Jun 30 00:02:39 EDT 1997

a while ago i complained about my NetBSD box looking like it wasn't getting
anything done, and someone suggested i run the benchmarks on it to see what
it was turning out.  well, boy, it's bad....

wonko at rtfm.arkham.net> rc5 -m
rc5-56-client: Performance testing with 1000000 crypts
rc5-56-client: Complete in 1135.496 seconds. (880.67 keys/sec)

i'm going to d/l the v2 client to see what i can get out of that thing.

just for reference.

486dx33
32M RAM
NetBSD-1.2.1
this is also my gateway/router, but it had this shoddy performance before i
moved it to it's new home as gateway.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko at mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **