[rc5] extrememly bad NetBSD performance with v1 client

Brian Hechinger wonko at blackhole.arkham.net
Mon Jun 30 11:53:27 EDT 1997

Michael Graff drunkenly mumbled...

> I found some p5's to have simular performance problems...  My P166
> gets about 180k/sec, but the three at work get around 40k/sec.

hmm, that's interesting.  i wonder what could cause this? is there a difference
between the operating systems you are using? (different OS, different version
of the same OS, etc...)

> My 486dx2/66 gets 60k/sec...

so i would expect 30k/sec, or even 10k/sec, but 300/sec (v1) and 3k/sec (v2)
are completely way off.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko at mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **