[rc5] Mac client run from Startup Items?

Fred Bremmer fredb at cc.matsuyama-u.ac.jp
Wed May 28 12:32:54 EDT 1997

Hello,

Is it possible to store the preferences, such as my email address, and have
the Mac client read the preferences and start running automatically without
any user interaction, preferably invisibly in the background?

I'd like to run a client like that in a Mac classroom with 20 PowerMacs,
but the Macs are turned off after each class. If possible, I'd like to be
able to run through at least one block of keys on each machine during a one
hour class while the students are using the Macs for something else.

Any help is appreciated,

-Fred Bremmer