[rc5] Reissue keys on personal proxy?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Thu May 29 16:11:54 EDT 1997

At 05:04 PM 5/29/97 -0500, Thomas A. Gunter wrote:
>I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to implement, but I'd like to
>be able to configure the personal proxy server to reissue a key IF AND ONLY
>IF a request for a new key comes from an IP address that requested a key
>but did not return result a result (that is, two requests without a result
>between them).

It would be possible, but you have to remember that multiprocessored
machines and the multibuffering clients frequently request multiple key
blocks before returning a response.  Starting with the next release of the
clients, multibuffering will be available for all platforms, so the
situation will just become harder to distinguish.

Jeff