[rc5] Reissue keys on personal proxy?

Thomas A. Gunter tag at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 29 18:29:59 EDT 1997

At 3:11 PM -0700 5/29/1997, Jeff Lawson wrote:

>It would be possible, but you have to remember that multiprocessored
>machines and the multibuffering clients frequently request multiple key
>blocks before returning a response.  Starting with the next release of the
>clients, multibuffering will be available for all platforms, so the
>situation will just become harder to distinguish.

Sure, that's why I said I'd like to be able to configure it.  Put a setting
in the INI like reissuekeys=[y/n].

I'd run my slow clients that sometimes get rebooted before they're done on
a personal proxy with it turned on.  For example, I'm running a classroom
of 15 Quadra 800s that take 260 or so minutes to finish a block.  I don't
plan to use multibuffering on those machines.  :-)

Thanks for the quick response,
Tom