[rc5] keyspace flaw

Tristan Horn tristan at ethereal.net
Thu May 29 19:45:45 EDT 1997

(oops, "The remember" should be "I remember" in my last message...)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:
> Still, I suppose, the server knows whichi blocks weren't answered and will
> reuse those later.

I think the proxy just logs the answered blocks, but yeah.

> Also, I don't think that another effort is that improbable.
> Basically, the 'danger' of another one coming up will rise by the time,
> the personal proxies become widely available.

You'd have to rewrite part of the main server to do that... and the fact
that Jeff is not giving out source for the personal proxy just makes it
harder.  The personal proxy is only a mini version of the real ones.

[if a competing project gave $5000 to the winner...]
> then that may convert quite a few people.

I don't know... people who are just in it for the money can go to hell,
IMHO. :)

Tris