[rc5] Error notifying server.

Friedemann Baitinger baiti at herrenberg.netsurf.de
Fri May 30 19:20:31 EDT 1997

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Robert Goodwin wrote:

> The server outland.hway.net seems not to be taking results back again
> - I have machines waiting to work :-)
>
> Is there a problem?

The proxy statistics page:

     "http://rc5.distributed.net/stats/proxyinfo.html"

indicates that this server didn't get back to the master since 11.46
hours.

I just finished 20 blocks with my buffering win95 client which I had
pointing to the outland.hway.net proxy when I requested the key blocks.

Since outland.hway.net didn't accept the results, I sent them to
kidsat-pc.jpl.nasa.gov which accepted them all although they weren't
issued by it. I hope that this didn't confuse the proxies. But the
only other alternative would have been to waste these 11.46 hours. ;(

Friedemann Baitinger           baiti at herrenberg.netsurf.de