[rc5] Reissue keys on personal proxy?

Thomas A. Gunter tag at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 30 17:40:31 EDT 1997

At 4:32 PM -0700 5/29/1997, Jeff Lawson wrote:

>The next client version will allow suspending of the currently processing
>keyblock and saving its position to disk automatically.

Ah, that's wonderful.  Better than having the proxy do it.  Bravo.

My next question:  what if it's not a graceful shutdown?  If one of my
boxes crashes, is that block still lost?

I suggest the client log to disk what key it's on (either every n keys or
every n minutes) so it can pick up from there and finish the block if the
need arises.

Tom