[RC5] Time to completion

Jared McIntyre jmcintyre at DEPAUW.EDU
Sun Nov 30 17:15:04 EST 1997

>Richard Freeman <rfreeman at netaxs.com> wrote:
>
>>I do agree that 1GHz will probably come around soon though - 98 might be
>>pushing it though...
>
>Not really - IBM has publically demonstrated 1.1GHz PPC chips...

I don't know when they will be put to market, but IBM has, and will be
showing at the chip developers convention in february, the 1.1ghz G4, which
is reported to be a 64 bit chip  that contains either one or two processors
on each chip (whether each processor is 1.1ghz I don't know).

At the same convention, Intel is reported to be showing an Alpha that runs
(I think) 660mhz. I know that it was no where near 1ghz.

jared

___________________Schwartz____________jmcintyre at depauw.edu___

""""""
O    O    from Allen Ginsberg's - Refrain
  \/
 ....     -   nobody cares when a man goes mad
  ..          he is sorry, God is glad
              shadow changes into bone
              shadow changes into bone

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net