[rc5] New Win95 hidden client - not quite

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Sat Nov 1 10:15:13 EST 1997

I like the new stuff in the new Win95 combined console/hidden client
(especially lurk mode -- thanks for that), but it's not quite as hidden as
the old dedicated hidden version. Just as the Windows logon dialog appears
on startup, the console flashes onto the screen for a second or two, and
then after the user name and password are entered it pops up again, just
long enough for someone to realize his computer is doing something it
didn't do before. I can get this client onto a bunch of computers I have
access to in a couple of offices, but I don't want their users calling
about suspected viruses or whatever.

The GUI version seems to remain completely hidden, but it doesn't support
(or does it?) some of the options I need to use, like nofallback in some
cases and lurk in others.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the popping up of the console, or
anything you can do?

Chris Johnson