[rc5] RC5 Chips?

Michael Conwell mbcwam at anet-stl.com
Sat Nov 1 11:25:19 EST 1997

Using mult-purpose CPUs would be dumb.  First you'd have to Fab a board.
Plus you'd need a OS that can multitask among 12 chips...AIX can handle
that, the MacOS needs ASICs and ROMS and currently doesn't handle
muliprocessors, and I don't think Linux will handle 12 processors either.
Speaking of an OS, I guess you'd have to license it or buy a copy...another
problem.  Writing your own would be kind of hard.  FPGAs take most of that
out of the equation.