[rc5] RC5 Chips?

Michael Conwell mbcwam at anet-stl.com
Sat Nov 1 12:01:48 EST 1997

>On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Michael Conwell wrote:
>> Using mult-purpose CPUs would be dumb.  First you'd have to Fab a board.
>> Plus you'd need a OS that can multitask among 12 chips...
>[snip]
>> and I don't think Linux will handle 12 processors either.
>Yep, it will.
>
>	-=- James Mastros

Since we are talking about PPC's here, I guess it should be asked it
MkLinux can support multiple processors.  Since MkLinux is partially
supported by Apple and huge multiprocessing boards don't exist in the Mac
world, could this be a limitation imposed by Apple?

Speaking of multiprocessor boards, are there any 12 processor boards that
use either Motorola or Intel chips (68K, 386, 486, Pentium, etc)?  Not in
theory, but in reality.  If not, then we are arguing moot points, since you
would have to design and fab a board...again not a quick process.