[rc5] RC5 Chips?

Darxus darxus at Op.Net
Sat Nov 1 21:16:50 EST 1997

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Brian B. Burton wrote:

> I'm all for experimentation, and reusing free stuff. (I have 5 20Mhz 68040's
> cranking out 20Kkeys/sec myself!) BUT, I am just the kind of computer nut
> who WILL spend $1000-1500-maybe $2000 to get a board that I could stuff in a
> PCI slot that gives me 10,000Kk/sec. (even if it can't do anything else.)

I'm not interested in a card that will *only* do RC5 keys, but I *am*
willing to put $$$ into a PCI card full of chips dedicated to
distributed.net's V3 protocol, when it happens.  I don't care if it's a
card full of FPGAs, or some kind of commonly mass-produced CPUs with
specially written low-level code.  whichever can do the most crunching for
the $$$.

And I'm guessing me & Brian aren't the only ones.