[rc5] RC5 Chips?

dkelly at hiwaay.net dkelly at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 2 15:32:02 EST 1997

> > Who says you need an OS? DOS programmers get by without an OS.
> Err.. DOS = Disk Operating System.. It's an OS.. :)
> But you're right.. You don't need an OS to run a program on a CPU..

And you believe Microsoft? Its a *Disk* operating system. Its the
disk's operating system, not the computer's. Its sole purpose is to
move data to/from disk. Everything else was marketing hype.

What I was getting at is that DOS is very little more than an embedded
program loader. Once it loads the program and launches it, there is
nothing the program isn't permitted to do. Just like an embedded
system. Just like we're talking about.
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net