[rc5] Blocks

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Sun Nov 2 16:32:34 EST 1997

>You could fetch 200 blocks, rename the buff-in file, fetch 200 more, and
>so on.  Then write a script that swaps buff-in and buff-out files when
>buff-in is empty.  A lot of work I suppose.

Not really. For WinNT boxes (and I am pretty sure this would work for
Win95) the following code can be used as a guideline for setting up how to
do this. Insert SLEEP functions and loop, or run periodically:

Assume that you have buff-in.rc5, buff-in.000, .001, .002, etc. all in your
RC5 directory. When the buffer file doesn't exist, it runs a script to
rename anything like buff-in.* to buff-in.rc5 and then flushes it.

---cut here - rc5swap.bat --------------

If not exist buff-in.rc5 goto :FLUSH
goto :END

:FLUSH
for %%d in (buff-in.*) do call rc5flush.bat %%d

:END
---cut here - rc5swap.bat --------------

---cut here - rc5flush.bat --------------
rename %1 buff-in.rc5