[rc5] HPUX client

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Mon Nov 3 13:43:54 EST 1997

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Michael Zieger wrote:

> At 10:33 01.11.97 -0500, Brian Neal wrote:
> >Make a symlink to the real file...
>
> The problem is: It's not MY machine. I just have access as a dumb user, and
> no write rights, therefore not being able to create a symlink....

Hmm. I think your original mail was about a file residing in /usr/lib
instead of /lib. The loader should process both directories I think,
so I'm not sure what the problem is exactly...

And I remember that in Linux there is an enviromnent variable you can
set to let the loader search in different directories
(LD_LIBARY_PATH). Don't know if this works with HP-compilers....

Ivo