[rc5] RC5 Chips?

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 3 09:41:01 EST 1997

     And where does the client come from?

Subject: Re: [rc5] RC5 Chips?
Author:  <rc5 at llamas.net > at SMTP
Date:    11/1/97 12:05 PM

Aren't you wasting your time? I don't mean this in an offensive way, but el
cheapo PowerPC chips crank out keys checked... A 200Mhz 603e chip can do
550Kk/sec. These chips cost around $150? Why not build a PCI board with 12
empty sockets for $100-200. Then add PowerPC chips as needed. A full board
would do 6600Kk/sec for $2000, a starter board would do 1100Kk/sec for $500,
with an extra 550Kk/sec for every $150 spent. Plus, You could probably
reprogram the 603e chips to do different things later.

The Great BrianB

Protect your right to own and arm bears.