[rc5] Blocks

wooledge at kellnet.com wooledge at kellnet.com
Mon Nov 3 19:34:35 EST 1997

Bill Plein (bill at diablo.net) wrote:

> ---cut here - rc5swap.bat --------------
>
> If not exist buff-in.rc5 goto :FLUSH
> goto :END
>
> :FLUSH
> for %%d in (buff-in.*) do call rc5flush.bat %%d
>
> :END
> ---cut here - rc5swap.bat --------------

I'm afraid that either I don't understand what you're doing, or there
are mistakes here.  If you don't have an input file, why flush?  It seems
that you'd want to fetch.

> ---cut here - rc5flush.bat --------------
> rename %1 buff-in.rc5
> rc564 -flush
> ---cut here - rc5flush.bat --------------

I don't know about you, but I get errors from time to time.  This script,
called from the for loop in the previous one, is a recipe for disaster
because it can cause data to become lost if the rc564 -flush fails.

Writing DOS batch files is not my strong point; but if you care to
download and run Unix utilities for DOS I can assist with a bash
script....

--
-------                   wooledge at kellnet.com                     -------