[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Thom Davis confed2 at sssnet.com
Mon Nov 3 19:29:17 EST 1997

On Mon, 03 Nov 97 17:14:58, Ronald Van Iwaarden wrote:

>Hi,
>	I was peacefully running the GUI win32 client at work and a few
>network administrators noticed it and began investigating it.  Two sys admins
>ran it on their machines and claimed that it was changing passwords (they did
>not elaborate).  Does anyone have any experience with this sort of behaviour?
>I always felt that the client was _completely_ benign and would not have been
>running it if I had not believed so!  Please set my mind at ease!

 Sounds like "P*nis Envy" they didn't think about it, they didn't know about it and since it is not company business, they
don't want anything to do with it :)

--Thom                                                                                                                              [ICQ #4173700] Java Version
Thom Davis					confed2 at sssnet.com
The Confederate BBs				Centari Computers

Visit us at:	 http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2
Visit The OS/2 BookStore: http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2/os2books.html
Authorized Dealer for Stark Summit Supernet (SSSNet)
Experts-Exchange OS/2 Setup Expert "Stonewal"