[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Wes Shull wshull at scicom.com
Mon Nov 3 19:59:02 EST 1997

Ronald Van Iwaarden wrote:

<<	I was peacefully running the GUI win32 client at work and a few
network administrators noticed it and began investigating it.  Two sys admins
ran it on their machines and claimed that it was changing passwords (they did
not elaborate).  Does anyone have any experience with this sort of behaviour?
I always felt that the client was _completely_ benign and would not have been
running it if I had not believed so!  Please set my mind at ease!>>

I haven't disassembled the code myself, but I haven't seen anything weird, either.

I would suspect:
a) they're having some fun at your expense, or
b) they're using it as a reason (which you can't easily refute) to require you to stop running it

--wes