[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

James P Blanding blanding+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:07:34 EST 1997

Excerpts from mail: 3-Nov-97 Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client .. by "Thom
Davis"@sssnet.com

>>Hi,
>>       I was peacefully running the GUI win32 client at work and a few
>>network administrators noticed it and began investigating it.  Two sys
>>admins ran it on their machines and claimed that it was changing
passwords >>(they did not elaborate).  Does anyone have any experience
with this sort >>of behaviour? I always felt that the client was
_completely_ benign and >>would not have been running it if I had not
believed so!  Please set my >>mind at ease!

um...ask them where i can get some of the crack theyve been smoking...i
tend to think that if that were proper behavior then distributed.net
wouldve been shut down pretty fast long before now...id think that was
illegal...'using a computer to preform fraudulent actions' or something
like that...