[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Haberlach, Adam HaberlaA at testlab.orst.edu
Mon Nov 3 21:01:36 EST 1997

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Martin C Sweitzer [SMTP:msew+ at andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent:	Monday, November 03, 1997 8:31 PM
To:	rc5 at llamas.net
Subject:	Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Excerpts from rc5Distrib: 3-Nov-97 Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client
.. by
Walter Taninatz at voicenet
>> external. If they tell you don't run the client on their
system, for
>> whatever reason, DON'T. They may have reasons which they are

>> uncomfortable stating publicly.
>> Sysadmins provide a much needed service and the ones I know
work very
>> hard. They don't always have time to dis-assemble people's
source,
>> etc. If you cross them...

>uhh wrong answer Walt.  If I told you not to run something
would you
>jsut listen to me.  Even if I was the sys admin?  If you do
they are a
>trained dog and I have some fido snacks for you to eat.

Usually they are such well trained dogs that they are getting
paid a lot of money to provide a valuable service.  If that
service is not provided, their paychecks aren't either.  That
is why they are paranoid.  System administrators are easy to
find.  Good ones aren't.

>Have them show how the rc-64 is chaning passwords.  *laugh*
so a before
>and after case with you there.

Doesn't matter if rc-64 IS changing passwords.  If they say no,
and they are truly in charge, don't do it.  You'll just piss
them off.  They are in charge of those computers, and unless
you own those computers and pay them to maintain those
computers, you do what they say.

>Don't let people throw around their titles. EVER.

Sysadmin is a title.  The experience and responsibilities that
go with it is much more.

- ---
Adam Haberlach      haberlaa at ucs.orst.edu
http://www.engr.orst.edu/~haberlad