[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Mon Nov 3 23:00:02 EST 1997

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Martin C Sweitzer wrote:

> Excerpts from rc5Distrib: 3-Nov-97 Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client .. by
> Walter Taninatz at voicenet
> > external. If they tell you don't run the client on their system, for
> > whatever reason, DON'T. They may have reasons which they are
> > uncomfortable stating publicly.
> > Sysadmins provide a much needed service and the ones I know work very
> > hard. They don't always have time to dis-assemble people's source,
> > etc. If you cross them...

> uhh wrong answer Walt.  If I told you not to run something would you
> jsut listen to me.  Even if I was the sys admin?  If you do they are a
> trained dog and I have some fido snacks for you to eat.

> Don't let people throw around their titles. EVER.

... And any sysadmin who is uncomfortable telling his or her users the
truth is keeping, as they say, too many secrets.

My guess is, "it changes passwords" is the extent of the comprehension
these sysadmins have of what the distributed.net client does...

                       -Steve Langasek, erstwhile sysadmin in his own right
-doink-