[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Eric Leblanc jughead at generation.net
Tue Nov 4 00:20:35 EST 1997

Stephen Langasek wrote:

> ... And any sysadmin who is uncomfortable telling his or her users the
> truth is keeping, as they say, too many secrets.
>
> My guess is, "it changes passwords" is the extent of the comprehension
> these sysadmins have of what the distributed.net client does...

I agree. There are Sysadmin and wannabee sysadmin. But, as a sysadmin, i
would say that sometime you just have NO TIME to explain your reasons to
the users. These guys are responsible for the machines the client is
working on. If the client screw something up. It is their ass on the
line.

An user that would want to use one of the client on one of my machines
would be welcome in my case. I know what the RC5 bovine effort is about.
Other sysadmins might have different inclination especially if they
don't know what distributed.net is.

MY solution to the problem would be to educate my sysadmins on what the
effort is. Maybe he'll even run clients on all his computers if he is
excited enough about it.

--
Eric Leblanc
emails: jughead at generation.net
Quote : Using NT, if page fault were dollars, i'll be richer than Bill
Gates