[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Daniel Baker dbaker at wrangler.cuckoo.com
Mon Nov 3 23:31:34 EST 1997

> Excerpts from rc5Distrib: 3-Nov-97 Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client .. by
> Walter Taninatz at voicenet
> > external. If they tell you don't run the client on their system, for
> > whatever reason, DON'T. They may have reasons which they are
> > uncomfortable stating publicly.
> > Sysadmins provide a much needed service and the ones I know work very
> > hard. They don't always have time to dis-assemble people's source,
> > etc. If you cross them...
> >
> > Well, you get the idea.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Walt
>
> uhh wrong answer Walt.  If I told you not to run something would you
> jsut listen to me.  Even if I was the sys admin?  If you do they are a
> trained dog and I have some fido snacks for you to eat.
>

> Have them show how the rc-64 is chaning passwords.  *laugh*  so a before
> and after case with you there.
>
> Don't let people throw around their titles. EVER.

Okay, so your computer breaks in a few days.

Not only will the sysadmin be responsible for fixing it, but they
can blame it on RC5 all they want.

If you don't listen to the sysadmin and choose to run the RC5
client, there may be a new line in the cisco config that contains
your workstations IP and 'Null0'. YMMV.

If it's your machine, and your bandwidth, go for it.  If it is not,
you do what the sysadmin says. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Daniel

--
Daniel Baker (dbaker at cuckoo.com)
Chief Technology and Executive Officer -- CuckooNet! (http://www.cuckoo.com)