[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Paul West paulw at premier1.net
Mon Nov 3 22:27:30 EST 1997

Jude Giampaolo wrote:

>> uhh wrong answer Walt.  If I told you not to run something would
>> you jsut listen to me.  Even if I was the sys admin?  If you do
>> they are a trained dog and I have some fido snacks for you to
>> eat.

> If you did that on any of my machines that would be the last
> time you touched them.

The company I work for has a strict policy about running software
that has not been approved by IS on any machine owned by the company.  I
not only agree with that policy, I helped write it!

The penalty can be any thing from a "Don't do that again" to "Your
out of here, pick up your check from payroll on the way out".

There are tons of issues involved, from virus's to Copyright
infringement.  If the Sysadm says don't do it, DON"T DO IT!