[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Nov 4 13:29:26 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, lunaslide wrote:

> >ok am I only one just laughing my ass off right now.
>
> Apparently.  That's because you don't seem to know what you're
> talking about.  People who value their jobs do what a sysadmin says,
> whether it's brain dead or not.  Just the way most employees do what

People just do what a manager says, even if it's braindead?
Man, watch your words, I remember a certain guy called Adolf (the
manager) and a whole bunch of employees going totally wrong about 50
years ago.

I think sysadmins should give a reason if they want that I remove rc5
from my desk-computer.... My sysadmin did, so I removed it. (reason:
Other moer important process run at nice +19, so quit yours)

> And don't just say "that's bullshit, man!" when he tells you you
> can't run something.  Explain what it is, how it works and what it's
> doing.  Sometimes you'll get a yes, sometimes you'll get a no,
> sometimes the sysadmin will put the client on all the machines.

Yep! Worked in my case.

> You can't thumb your nose at the sysadmin.  On the network, she can
> be your best friend ("oh, thank you for going into the backup tapes
> and finding that file I accidentally deleted"), or your worst
> nightmare (was that *your* directory I deleted?  Oh, I'm sorry.  Too
> bad the backup tape from last night 'went bad'.)

BOFH RULES!!!!

Ivo

(ok, 5 mails to this list should do it for today.....)