[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

lunaslide lunaslyd at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 4 04:49:09 EST 1997

At 01:29 PM 11/4/97 +0100, you wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, lunaslide wrote:
>
>> >ok am I only one just laughing my ass off right now.
>>
>> Apparently.  That's because you don't seem to know what you're
>> talking about.  People who value their jobs do what a sysadmin
says,
>> whether it's brain dead or not.  Just the way most employees do
what

>People just do what a manager says, even if it's braindead?
>Man, watch your words, I remember a certain guy called Adolf (the
>manager) and a whole bunch of employees going totally wrong about 50
>years ago.

Hey, who put that slippery slope there?!  You know I mean within
reason.  If the sysadmin is pouring lighter fluid onto the keyboard
and setting fire to it like Hendrix in front of your workstation,
it's time to call in the Marines.  You can still do something about
it, but just saying "I'm going to do it anyway" is a pretty stupid
move.

>I think sysadmins should give a reason if they want that I remove
rc5
>from my desk-computer.... My sysadmin did, so I removed it. (reason:
>Other moer important process run at nice +19, so quit yours)
>
>> And don't just say "that's bullshit, man!" when he tells you you
>> can't run something.  Explain what it is, how it works and what
it's
>> doing.  Sometimes you'll get a yes, sometimes you'll get a no,
>> sometimes the sysadmin will put the client on all the machines.
>
>Yep! Worked in my case.
>
>> You can't thumb your nose at the sysadmin.  On the network, she
can
>> be your best friend ("oh, thank you for going into the backup
tapes
>> and finding that file I accidentally deleted"), or your worst
>> nightmare (was that *your* directory I deleted?  Oh, I'm sorry.
Too
>> bad the backup tape from last night 'went bad'.)
>
>BOFH RULES!!!!

Others smoke 'em if they got 'em.  I smoke 'em 'cause I can :->

lunaslide           *             PGP key->keys.pgp.com Port 11371
I'm nice.  He's nice.  We're both fuckin' lunatics.     *       *
Can we come in, please?     *               *
           *            -Nelson, "Flatliners"     *         *    *