[rc5] What's up with the stats?

Sean McPherson sean at ntr.net
Tue Nov 4 12:13:22 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, David McNett wrote:
> We are working hard to find a new home for the stats server which will be
> able to cope with the monumental demand and expect a solution to be in
> place in a matter of days.

> -/\/ugget
>  ________________________________________________________________________
> |David McNett      |To ensure privacy and data integrity this message has|

Well, is it possible to round-robin the stats web servers to distribute
the load (hmmm, distributed load! Wow! what a concept!), or to mirror the
db's across machines? Is the bandiwtdh problem between the stats server
and the web server or between the web servers and the outside world? If
the latter, I might be able to set up a mirror here to handle some hits.

Sean McPherson
sean at ntr.net
Network Operations Technician
Information Systems