[rc5] What's up with the stats?

Jeff Woods jeff at delta.com
Tue Nov 4 13:27:30 EST 1997

At 10:32 AM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:

>The stats web pages are currently offline.

>We have, however, grown far beyond my ability to service the demand for the
>stats pages.  At our peak access times, our bandwidth requirements are
>roughly five times the bandwidth I can provide....

Dave (or someone in the know).... How much bandwidth do you HAVE, and how
much does the stats server NEED?

Many of us are ISP's or corporations with large pipelines, and with SQL
servers.

A "round-robin" DNS could solve the problem, with multiple sites actually
taking the hits.

Another solution would be to hide the GRAPHICS on other remote sites,
leaving only the SQL lookups to occur on your server(s).

I'd like to help if I can -- let me know.