[rc5] Nintendo 64 RC5

Mike Fisher mikefisher at mindless.com
Tue Nov 4 13:49:34 EST 1997

At 09:12 AM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 07:06 AM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>Not worth it.  YOu'll kill the batteries before you get the first block
>>out.  No XOR instruction, and only 5-bit ADDs, running at 2MHz (4MHz for
>>the GX).  Believe me... I thought about it.  :-)
>TI-85's are overclockable; I've done it.
>
>(http://cccsrv.trevano.ch/~blutz/TI85Spec/TIAccelerate.html)
>
>But, even at three times their normal speed, it'd probably still take
>forever to do a block...
>
>  Alex Bischoff
> -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Batteries... Yes that would be a problem... you think some sort of A/C
adaptor plugged into the battery compartment (minus the batteries of
course) would work as long as it's the right voltage and current?  BTW,
what is the estimated mean time between failure with an overclocked '85?

Forever? Hey! anything to up my keyrate (even if it's only by ten keys/sec)
:-)

Mike Fisher
emails: mf779 at apci.net   <-- Send files here.
        mikefisher at mindless.com
        mf33 at evansville.edu
        lurker97 at yahoo.com
web:    www.apci.net/~mf779
ICQ UIN#  1212137

Become part of the world's fastest computer by putting your idle CPU to
work...
http://www.distributed.net/rc5