[rc5] Nintendo 64 RC5

Mike Fisher mikefisher at mindless.com
Tue Nov 4 13:49:33 EST 1997

At 07:35 AM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>'Ivo Janssen' said previously:
>
>| HP48-GX though, 128kb RAM, 3.5Mhz Z80 I think.... Hmmmmmm
>
>We'd be blessed if it were a Z-80.

Really...  The standard TI-85 runs off a 6Mhz Z-80 :-)  Unfortunately, I
haven't the foggiest if roughly 22kb or so of free RAM would be enough...
But wait, it probably won't work, cause I think I remember reading
somewhere that the way the 85 handles RAM causes you to only be able to
(safely) use several hundred bytes as variable storage and such, cause it
moves most of the contents of memory around all the time.  But it's got
assembler!! (Good old ZShell or the newer shells for that matter too.)

>Alas, it does not.  The HP48SX (and
>I assume the GX also) have a 5-bit CPU named "Saturn" (no relationship
>to the recent ballsy Sega machine).  Most notably, it lacks an XOR
>function, and I wouldn't be surprised if it lacked a rotate (or perhaps
>even a right-shift!) function.
>
>Apparently, those new TI calculators have 68K's in them... not that
>I'd know or care, since I can't stand the beasts.  (And yes, I work
>at TI, and *no* this isn't TI's opinion.  :-)
>--Joe

Tsk tsk tsk... IMHO, they're great little machines.  But what do I know?

Mike Fisher
emails: mf779 at apci.net   <-- Send files here.
        mikefisher at mindless.com
        mf33 at evansville.edu
        lurker97 at yahoo.com
web:    www.apci.net/~mf779
ICQ UIN#  1212137

Become part of the world's fastest computer by putting your idle CPU to
work...
http://www.distributed.net/rc5