[rc5] What's up with the stats?

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Nov 4 13:27:44 EST 1997

     Round-robin update them every 24 hours just like the old stats.  You'd
     only have to send diffs, anyway.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu

Subject: Re: [rc5] What's up with the stats?
Author:  <rc5 at llamas.net > at SMTP
Date:    1997/11/04 13:31

At 11:53 AM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> We are working hard to find a new home for the stats server which will be
>> able to cope with the monumental demand and expect a solution to be in
>> place in a matter of days.

>Would it be practical to have several mirrored stats servers set up in a
>round-robin DNS ala the key servers?

The ONLY problem with this is having an SQL server at each site in the
round-robin (something I just realised after posting the same query).
Then you'd have to content-replicate the databases across the 'net -- and
those databases are NOT small.   That could be a problem for timely updates.

body.