[rc5] Quit your whining.

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Tue Nov 4 16:12:07 EST 1997

Dave Avery wrote:

> the problem is users updating email and team passwords and team
> afilliation, and the team coordinators updating team data.
> all the changes would need to propagate to and from the mirrors.

It would not be difficult for the mirror to hand you off to
the main server after you have entered your password. You
make your changes there. Everyone else can read from the
mirrors. That, I bet is the vast majority of the traffic.
They'll have to implement something like this eventually if
the crew continues to grow.

Wouldn't it be something if the d.n broke because of one box?