[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Christopher Lyons clyons at concentric.net
Tue Nov 4 22:31:56 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:22:46 -0500 (EST), hrdluk
<cdevine at monet.csc.vill.edu> wrote:

>This is sad, what happened to the hacker spirit of finally taking the
>control of computers out of the priesthood and into the hands of the
>users.  Screw corporate uses. Who are you hurting?, any decent sysadmin
>would see the obvious benifit to all by the cracking of rc5.  Anyone who
>doesn't imhfo shouldn't be running a computer.  Again who is it hurting

Look, if I own a computer and I tell you not to run a client on it,
and you do anyway, then there are consequences you may suffer. If a
coporation doesn't want people running the bovine client, then they
don't want people running the bovine client.  Period.

Besides, the company may be running some kind of distributed
processing of their own, and this would slow it down.

Like it or not, companies do have property rights over their
computers, which means they can say what will be and will not be
allowed to run on their machines.

Christopher M. Lyons  Clyons at concentric.net
http://www.concentric.net/~Clyons