[rc5] What does this mean?

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Tue Nov 4 19:34:30 EST 1997

Any interpreters in the house?

I'm trying to write something for tomorrow's distributed-mac.net page,
but I'm not sure what this acronym means. (From the "Stats are down" page
that we're all so familiar with.) :)

..."the stats database offline during normal business hours (CST6CDT)."

It's that bit in the parentheses.

Is it something like Central Standard Time 6 Central Daylight Time?

What the heck is that supposed to mean? I'd expect a range there,
something that said "between 8am and 6 pm CST", or something like what he
said in this morning's email:

>(which for me, in CDT, are roughly 13:00 GMT to about 23:00 GMT)

THAT, I can understand.

I'm not picking on anybody, I'm just expressing my own ignorance.
Something tells me that CST6CDT is standard notation for something
related to timezones, but I don't know what it is.

Seth Dillingham

                  seth at snet.net
    http://macrobyte.simplenet.com/sethspeak/
         http://www.distributed-mac.net/