[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Daniel Baker dbaker at wrangler.cuckoo.com
Tue Nov 4 21:00:52 EST 1997

> Excerpts from rc5Distrib: 4-Nov-97 Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client .. by
> Christopher Lyons at concen
> > Look, if I own a computer and I tell you not to run a client on it,
> > and you do anyway, then there are consequences you may suffer. If a
> > coporation doesn't want people running the bovine client, then they
> > don't want people running the bovine client.  Period.
> >
> > Besides, the company may be running some kind of distributed
> > processing of their own, and this would slow it down.
> >
> > Like it or not, companies do have property rights over their
> > computers, which means they can say what will be and will not be
> > allowed to run on their machines.
>
> company != sysadmin

sysadmin = "System Administrator", an employee that the company hires
to be in charge of the "System"(s).

A company is a group of people.  You're not going to find on guy
in every company that's called "the company". :)  So, tasks are
assigned to inDUHviduals so that the work load can be balanced. Kind
of like distributed computing. :)

Daniel

--
Daniel Baker (dbaker at cuckoo.com)