[rc5] rc5 docs.

Ranjit Annamalai rxa21 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 5 09:56:35 EST 1997

I don't quite catch what you are saying but here is what happened, I
fetched 10 blocks, did this quit and restart thing and when my in-buffer
was empty and I sent my blocks I only sent 9.

If the client does reverse the order when it puts it back in, why is it
that sometimes it resumes on the first block and not the second as you
say?  I have never watched for the resume on the second block.  I will
see next time.

Ted Rathkopf wrote:

> rxa21 at po.cwru.edu said:
> >  At one point when I had 90% of the block finished I quit and
> > restarted only to "lose" the block (doh!).
>
> Are you sure?  The windows client seems to fetch 2 blocks into memory,
> and when you exit it puts them back in the in-buffer in the opposite
> order.  Look at the *second* block after you restarted, and see if it
> resumed where it left off when you quit.
>
> --
> Ted Rathkopf
> trathkopf at bigfoot.com
>
> ----

R   a    n   j    i    t       A    n    n    a    m    a    l    a    i
Page me at 1-888-pagoo-44 id:4088935       http://www.netwalk.com/~meena