[rc5] Ways of distributing keys

Peter van Heusden pvh at leftside.wcape.school.za
Wed Nov 5 08:19:31 EST 1997

Hi

I'm running rc564 on my home computer (a FreeBSD box). I find that
exchanging keys is a big problem - firstly, you have to do it via TCP/IP,
and secondly, the connection made by the client appears to be none too
stable. As a result, I have to check my client every now and again, bring
up PPP, run rc564 -update a number of times, etc.

Is there any reason why keys could not also be distributed via Email? My
mail is collected automatically via UUCP in the mornings, and this would
be an ideal time to send and receive key blocks.

Thanks,
Peter
--
Peter van Heusden |    Computers Networks Reds Greens Justice Peace Beer Africa
pvh at leftside.wcape.school.za | Support the SAMWU 50 litres campaign!