[rc5] MkLinux client nonfunctional

Tom Pollard pollard at schrodinger.com
Wed Nov 5 08:33:28 EST 1997

Hi,

The MkLinux/LinuxPPC client that was put on the clients page this weekend
fails on my machine almost immediately at startup with the message
"Illegal instruction".  This is a 200Mhz 604e running the latest update of
MkLinux.  I suspect the nonfunctional client was compiled with
machine-specific instructions for the PPC601 chip, or something like that.

How do I get in touch with the person responsible for this client?
I'd be happy to help make sure it gets working.  There are a lot of free
cycles on this machine right now and I hate to see them go unused.

Thanks,

Tom