[rc5] Quit your whining.

Dave Avery cwax at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 5 08:52:31 EST 1997

Michael Burman wrote:

> From: David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
> >And this, sadly, is far too typical of Cyberian.
>
> If I remember correct, on RC5-56 Effort, Bovine's statistics were offline
> over 50% of 250 days. First there really weren't statistics, then there were
> statistics, which weren't reliable. Then they were offline again. And
> crashed other day.
>
> Heh, Cyberian's statistics worked better.

 having gathered stats from Bovine , Cyberian and IM - I would
say IM's stats were the most reliable and both bovine and
cyberian had their problems, Bovine was without stats during
a long period while the keyrate was low and crashed a couple
of times after that, but when up the data was accurate.

Cyberian had major problems with data reliability ( which
looked to partly with the design of the keyserver to stats
interface. also the cyberian stats were almost always
under reporting the number of blocks tested because of the
 v3 client having to be manually added ( about once a week)

also only bovine responded to my email requesting historical
stats and sent me block count data for every day of the effort. I never
heard from either IM or Cyberian.

Cyberian had a database corruption that was never cleaned out.
Bovine lost their entire database and was back at 100% in
one week.

also I never could get the cyberian block count and approx keys tested
and keyrate to agree, the numbers were always off by 2-5% between any of
the measures

dave
stats meister
http://home.pacbell.net/cwax