[rc5] Quit your whining.

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Wed Nov 5 11:29:46 EST 1997

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> To be honest, I can't understand why stats are so important to some people;
> my keyrate is constant.  There is NOTHING I can do to raise it, and it's
> not going to change appreciably during the course of one day, or a week for
> that matter.  Initially, it's nice to see that you're going up in the
> stats; but the excitement should wear out eventually.

Well, for some of us (e.g., those of us at large universities with high
computer-student ratios), the keyrate we can bring in is really determined
by how much energy we're willing/able to put into recruiting.  Getting a
good inter-school rivalry going can do wonders for individual block
counts, and for the effort as a whole.  So while the benefits may not be
there for everybody, keeping a stats page is still a worthwhile
investment, IMHO.

                              -Steve Langasek
-doink-