[rc5] Quit your whining.

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Wed Nov 5 16:18:14 EST 1997

'Michael Burman' said previously:

| I'm still cracking to Bovine effort. And I would like to have things
| working. I may stay or I may leave right away. Which one is better, you get
| temporary speed up or you are slower?

My intent is not to drive you away, since we'll happily accept your key
crunching, but rather to say that this thread is obviously going
nowhere, and is probably slowing down the people who are working to fix
the problem being complained about.  I'm sure the people involved with
the stats serving are working on fixing it--and to that end, several
posters have given many ideas which may or may not help.

Meanwhile, lack of stats represents more of an inconvenience than a
fundamental shortcoming.  However, the level of complaining about lack
of stats has far exceeded their importance.  On that basis alone, the
thread should die.

My other point was that if you are only with us temporarily, then why
are you being as vocal or more so than the bulk of us who are in this for
the long haul?  Your apparent vested interest in the stats is far less
than for any of us who are dedicated to the Bovine client given that
you intend to eventually leave Bovine anyway.

That's my remaining $0.02.  Good day.

--Joe