[rc5] Connecting thry a proxy.

Kevin van Haaren KvanHaaren at HNTB.com
Wed Nov 5 18:28:44 EST 1997

You might try hard coding one of the proxy server's ip in the HTTP proxy
settings, instead of using the round-robin dns of
rc5proxy.distributed.net.  This worked for me with the rc5-56.  rc5-64
actually works better for me with the round-robin.

Other than that you can grab (or someone can grab them for you) some 500
block buffers (mac clients?) for you to crunch.  After finishing (takes
my 210mhz 604e about 3 days to get thru a 500 block buffer) email them
back to some one for submittal.  Send 'em to someone with a mac or
they'll get counted for another OS 8-)

Kevin