[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Paul West paulw at premier1.net
Sun Nov 9 15:08:19 EST 1997

Kevin van Haaren wrote:

> I'm not about to spend 4 hours (or even 2 hours) screwing
> around on your computer to get Word to work, because you
> went and installed Quattro Pro and it screwed up the computer.
> We pull Quattro Pro, reinstall Word and you can actually do
> your job (and I can do mine).

Not only that, there is the issue of copyright infringement.

The user installs a copy of Quattro-Pro, or anything else for
that matter, on his work computer.Where did the copy come from.
Lets say that the Software police show up the next day, and want me to
produce a licence for that copy of Quattro-Pro.  I can't, the
company doesn't own it.

Now, not only is that user unemployed, I may be also for not
enforcing company policy.