Availability of Bovine source code (was Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?)

Jason Boyles jason at alltel.net
Sun Nov 9 21:27:35 EST 1997

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 wooledge at kellnet.com wrote:

> Tim Charron (tcharron at interlog.com) wrote:
> > Agreed.  However, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask your sysadmin to
> > set up a unix account that had basically no access to anything.  It
> > would allow rc5 to be run on that machine, and there would be no
> > possibility for malicious activity.
> This might be possible in a chroot()'ed environment, with a phony passwd
> file....

	Perhaps this has been mentioned, but if the source were available
it wouldn't be an issue.

<rant>
	The only reason I'm not participating in Bovine is because the
source is not freely available. No one is privy to my spare cycles
unless they're honest enough to show me their source code.
</rant>

----
Jason Boyles <jason at alltel.net>
"As long as you are not reading me, the fourth word of this
sentence has no referent."