Availability of Bovine source code (was Re: [rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?)

Thom Davis confed2 at sssnet.com
Sun Nov 9 21:52:51 EST 1997

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 21:27:35 -0500 (EST), Jason Boyles wrote:

>	The only reason I'm not participating in Bovine is because the
>source is not freely available. No one is privy to my spare cycles
>unless they're honest enough to show me their source code.

 But then that leaves the Bovine code open to hacking and such things. If they are willing to
gaurantee that it does not conflict with what I would ask, then that should be good enough.

 Do you run ANY commercial software that has OPEN SOURCE code? No! but if you ask them
a particular question they will answer it.

 I personally don't believe your reasoning

--Thom                                                                       [ICQ #4173700] Java Version
Thom Davis					 confed2 at sssnet.com
The Confederate BBs				 Centari Computers
"StoneWal"			 	                 Experts-Exchange: OS/2

Visit us at:	 http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2
Visit The OS/2 BookStore: http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2/os2books.html
Experts-Exchange OS/2 Setup Expert "Stonewal"
Authorized Dealer for Stark Summit Supernet (SSSNet)