Availability of Bovine source code (was Re: [rc5] Win

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 10 09:59:47 EST 1997

     No, but I *do* run non-commercial code that I can modify the source
     of.  Further, the Bovine client is decidedly not commercial...
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu

Subject: Re: Availability of Bovine source code (was Re: [rc5] Win32
Author:  <rc5 at llamas.net > at SMTP
Date:    11/9/97 9:52 PM

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 21:27:35 -0500 (EST), Jason Boyles wrote:

>        The only reason I'm not participating in Bovine is because the
>source is not freely available. No one is privy to my spare cycles
>unless they're honest enough to show me their source code.

 But then that leaves the Bovine code open to hacking and such things. If they
are willing to
gaurantee that it does not conflict with what I would ask, then that should be
good enough.

 Do you run ANY commercial software that has OPEN SOURCE code? No! but if you
ask them
a particular question they will answer it.

 I personally don't believe your reasoning

--Thom
[ICQ #4173700] Java Version
Thom Davis                                         confed2 at sssnet.com
The Confederate BBs                                 Centari Computers
"StoneWal"                                                  Experts-Exchange:
OS/2

Visit us at:         http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2
Visit The OS/2 BookStore: http://pages.sssnet.com/Confed2/os2books.html
Experts-Exchange OS/2 Setup Expert "Stonewal"
Authorized Dealer for Stark Summit Supernet (SSSNet)
body.